Recliners, Ice Bags (Corn Quilts), Satellite TV, and my Laptop!
Just a few of the many things I am thankful for today! I would have to add my amazing family, supportive husband, caring co-workers, and reasonably close bathroom to the list!
I called Dr. Movva's office this morning about 8:00 and left another message (at least I wasn't crying this time) since they don't open til 9:00. Hadn't heard from them by 10:00 so I called again. Nurse said to stay off it as much as possible, ice it, and they would x-ray it when I come in for my third injection on Friday. If the last 2 years has taught me anything it's to not just accept unacceptable answers from medical people so I told her that she wasn't hearing me, I was in a lot of pain and unable to walk. She said to come in tomorrow instead. Now I just hope, and pray, that the x-rays show what is wrong! In the meantime the pain is tolerable as long as I stay off that leg. I can barely maneuver through the house so I stayed home from work. So incredibly grateful that this happened AFTER our busy season!
Anyway ... fast forward an hour or two and I missed a call from Dr. Coffman (primary care). He left a message saying he was returning my call, I hadn't called him but I did call him back. He said some people take a long time adjusting to the change from Armour to Synthroid but my thyroid levels tested high normal so I need to be patient. The fatigue and muscle pain will decrease with time. He also agreed with me that I am probably having some of the pain and fatigue because of the ongoing issue with my knees. We also talked briefly about my blood pressure. It's higher than it should be but lower than it was and he believes it will continue to drop as I lose weight. None of that was the magic feel good pill that I wanted but it is a set of answers that I will accept for now!
Food today hasn't been too exciting. I slept late since I was waiting to talk to the doctor before deciding whether or not to attempt work. Once I recovered from showering and dressing I made a smoothie to which I added a half cup of plain yogurt. I didn't LOVE the addition but I do love the health factor of the live cultures in the yogurt. Besides that I have eaten an apple, a pear and a small piece of leftover chicken. I know my diet is sadly lacking in vegetables. I keep hoping fruit will make up for it. :) Besides which I don't want to spend much time on my feet.
Will channel surf between Olympics and American Idol tonight. Be glad next week when Biggest Loser is back! I miss my inspiration! I keep marvelling at what those BIG guys can do with bad knees!
Thanks for your encouragement! I'm trying to see the sunshine! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Okay ... I said my piece ... now it's your turn! C'mon! Tell me what's on your mind. I really want to know! Thanks! :)
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home