Monday, February 22, 2010

I didn't think this day could get worse ...

I was wrong.

Warning! What follows is honest because I am trying to document this journey honestly but it is not pretty and may not be pleasant to read. Please feel free to skip this post. On the other hand ... if at some point you, or someone you know and love, faces similar trials, it may help to know you are not alone and so I write, even the hard things!

I have been having severe pain in my left knee. Trying to buy that it's just arthritis and the injections will help but that's getting harder to believe. Today I chose to go to Wal Mart at lunch because there are a few things that we need and Bert is sick. When I got there I realized that I needed to go to the bathroom. Limped there as fast as I could. It wasn't fast enough. Finished shopping and went home to clean up and change clothes. Got back to work a few minutes late, shaking with pain and exhaustion. Ate my apples and peanut butter for lunch.

Drinking lots of water because that's good for me, right? Well ... yes ... and no. Each successive trip down the hallway is more painful! Especially when I try to hurry. About 2:30 I landed back in my office in tears because it hurt so bad! Less than an hour later I had to go again. Tried to hurry (understandable right) and it felt (and sounded) like fireworks going off in my left knee when I turned into the stall. I screamed and nearly passed out from pain and then sat on the toilet crying and trying to gather up the gumption to walk back to my office.

I was walking really slowly across the lobby, trying not to put much weight on my left leg, and Peggy asked why I was walking so slowly. I told her my knee hurt and then she said something that made me laugh and I stepped wrong. More fireworks. And I suppose I screamed again. I just headed for the nearest chair. I think she was nearly crying in sympathy. Then I realized people were looking down the hall to see what was going on and I was humiliated! So I limped back to my office as fast as I could.

Alicia came to check on me and I told her I think I need to toughen up. She said she doesn't think so. I don't really think that's the answer either. I called Dr. Movva's office but they close at 3:00. Not sure what they'll do anyway. Took a pain pill and 2 advil.

Guess Water Aerobics is a no-go for today.

I'm so tired of this ....

1 Comments:

At February 22, 2010 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you're in such pain. I hope you can get into the doc and get some relief soon.

 

Post a Comment

Okay ... I said my piece ... now it's your turn! C'mon! Tell me what's on your mind. I really want to know! Thanks! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home