Me and my Peanut Butter
I'm not sure exactly when I developed my peanut butter addiction. I don't think I had it as a child though I do have some fond memories of fluff-r-nutters, peanut butter with strawberry jam on wonder bread, peanut butter on saltine crackers, and peanut butter and banana sandwiches. But at some point in the last couple of years I shifted from a simple pleasure taken in the occasional peanut butter sandwich to a full blown peanut butter addiction! I no longer needed bread or crackers, never mind jam, marshmallow, or bananas. Just give me a spoon and a jar of peanut butter and I could satisfy the calorie and fat goals for some small countries! I acknowledged that I had a problem when I noticed that a Warehouse sized can of creamy peanut butter was lasting less than 48 hours in our house. Can't blame it on anybody else either! Nope. It was me and my spoon! Half the time I would allow myself just one spoonful but truth to tell that was a serious stretching of the truth because I would choose the biggest spoon in the drawer and pile it so high with peanut butter that ... well ... I probably had a good cup of creamy bliss on that silly spoon! I stopped buying Peanut Butter at Sam's because I didn't need jumbo temptations. One of my co-workers, a tiny little thing known as Charlotte, shares my fondness for all things Peanut Butter. One day I walked past her office about noon and noticed her with this tiny little container of Peanut Butter and a spoon indulging in a moment of bliss. I decided I needed to try that. So this last grocery trip I purchased Jif To Go® 6 pack of Creamy Peanut Butter singles.
Now I was appalled to note that each 2.25 ounce cup contains 380 calories worth of Peanut Butter. I don't think I want to know how many calories were in that warehouse can! So they need to be carefully controlled but I can have Peanut Butter! I am so happy!
Today my lunch was Golden Delicious Apple slices dipped in creamy Jif® Peanut Butter! I didn't even need a spoon! I did try very hard to get each delicious bit out of it's cup though! And I licked the aluminum cover!
Wonder if there's a Peanut Butter Lover's Anonymous group that I could join? Hi! My name's Beth and I'm addicted to Peanut Butter! Nah ... I'd never give it up long enough to get a "sobriety pin!"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Okay ... I said my piece ... now it's your turn! C'mon! Tell me what's on your mind. I really want to know! Thanks! :)
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home