Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Avoiding My Natural Tendencies

It might seem, from a casual glance at this Blog, or even from a study of my promises to exercise and the lack of follow through, that I am hopelessly undisciplined and will probably never actually do what I say I will. I understand that. In fact I lecture myself on that pretty much daily as I get up too late for a trip to the Y and go to bed having failed yet again to follow through on my "commitment." And yet it is some sort of progress that I am refusing to let momentary bad choices lead to an all out binge. I am still here admitting my failures and imperfections rather than hiding out until I have better news to share! I will keep planning to eat right and exercise and one of these days ... I will get there! And I'll "admit" that too!

I was really tired last night. Had a smoothie for dinner (as promised) and went to bed pretty early (about 8). I did lie there watching the Olympics for a while. Some of those winter sports are downright amazing! I have an overactive startle reflex and I was literally yelling at some of those snow-boarders! Not to mention the speed skaters!

This morning I didn't wake up until my alarm went off at 6:45 and even then I didn't particularly want to get up! Obviously water walking didn't happen. There is still some possibility that I might make it to a Water Aerobics class tonight though. We'll see. Breakfast was a smoothie (tropical fruits, strawberry protein powder, skim milk). Mid morning snack was a Golden Delicious Apple and a small piece of Colby Jack cheese.

My knees, particularly the left one, are really aching today. It's still really cold outside and I suspect that is part of it. My hormonal imbalances seem to be getting some better. I'm still more fatigued than I would prefer and muscle pain is still present though less intense. Maybe I'll actually live through this! LOL! Unfortunately I also have a rather upset tummy today. Not nauseous just achy and pressure. Oh well.

I was at Walgreens this past weekend and noticed that they carry the FullBars® that Mom had suggested might be a help to me. They were formidably expensive, at least at Walgreens, and made primarily of Soy Protein. I try to avoid Soy because it messes with thyroid function. Besides which I don't particularly like the flavor. Anyway ... wanted you to know that I did look into it. I actually don't have much trouble getting adequate fiber between fruits, whole grains. and fiber supplements. And I have been known to drink a glass of Benefiber prior to meals when I am struggling with portion control. (Probably ought to keep some packets in my purse for days when I unexpectedly land in a restaurant full of bad choices late in the day!)

Time for acouple of trips down the hall to the ladies room and to refill my water bottle. More later ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Okay ... I said my piece ... now it's your turn! C'mon! Tell me what's on your mind. I really want to know! Thanks! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home