Monday ... all day long!
I spent the weekend nursing my sore knees and trying to waylay the cold germs that seem determined to get me. Woke up this morning and stepped onto my scale for my Monday morning weigh in and was UP 4 pounds! Sigh ... That's the way it goes in my world! None of those little fractional bobbles. I bounce by leaps and pounds! Oh well! I decided to split the diiference (for my official weight) since I was down all 4 of those pounds at the doctor's office on Friday. I'm pretty sure the gain is entirely water and will depart in a whoosh whenever it gets good and ready to do so!
So ... where were we?
Friday morning I was able to sleep in a bit since I had taken the day off to run from one doctor's office to the next. Had to go to South Tulsa lab for fasting bloodwork. They tried to get sufficient blood from my left arm but couldn't so they switched to the right. Fun times. (Yeah right!) From there I went to 21st & Utica for allergy shots. (3 in my right arm.) Up Utica to make a bank deposit and then across 15th to a Post Office that I don't go to very often. Suprised I didn't hit anything while I was rubbernecking trying to find the drive up mail boxes. Turned out they were in the middle of the road (driver's side of the car) so I had to make a U-turn to mail my house payment. From there I drove to Red Lobster (51st & Yale) to meet Bert for lunch. I had a piece of stuffed flounder and a piece of salmon (create your own platter) with salad and broccoli. Totally resisted the biscuits! Yay me! From there I went south on Yale to Dr. Movva's office for the second in my series of knee injections. He was, as aniticpated, pleased that I am losing weight. We discussed whether I have noticed any improvement from treatment so far and he reiterated the fact that knees will not evidence much, if any, improvement until after 3rd injection. Limp-bounced back out to my little truck, feeling pretty good, and drove to Sams to do some shopping. Midway through Sams it was like I hit a wall. My legs hurt so bad and I was just shaking with fatigue. I wanted to go sit in the furniture aisle and cry! I made it through the checkout, got a sugar free lemonade, and sat in the Cafe area until I stopped shaking. Finally made it home safely after being stuck in traffic for about 45 minutes (should have been a 10 minute trip at most). Bert unloaded the groceries and I put them away. Went back out to pick up some antibiotics for Josiah. Ordered Papa John's Pizza for dinner and was appalled to note that pizza runs about 350 calories a SLICE! Glad I only ate 3! Should have stopped at 2! Watched Olympics and went to bed.
Saturday I didn't do much. Slept late. Made Chicken and Rice for dinner. Watched TV. Sunday was mostly a repeat of Saturday since we were all battling various stages of a respiratory infection and didn't feel up to going out. I went to Walgreens for emergency supplies of tissue and decongestant while a pan of hot wings was in the oven. Ate a few wings with blue cheese dressing, watched Food Network and the Olympics, made a pot of Chicken Enchilada Soup, did piles of laundry. Decided to have a protein smoothie for dinner. Josiah wanted nachos. Bert wanted tuna on toast. I fixed both of their choices and was hit by overwhelming fatigue and shakiness again. Sat for a while before making my smoothie. Spent the evening watching TV and folding laundry. Dishes are piled up on the kitchen counter because nobody had enough energy to tackle them this weekend.
And along comes Monday ...
Josiah is finally feeling some better. Bert has a full blown cold. I feel like I may be getting one but so far it's just sinus congestion and headache. Got up, made my smoothie to go, and came to work. Settled in to do my work and my cell phone rang. Nurse with labwork results. She said all my levels are normal so continue with current meds. I want to cry! I am still experiencing moderate muscle pain and extreme fatigue! Something is NOT right! I told her so and she said she'll talk to the doctor and get back with me. I think I have too many things going on right now and everything gets blamed on something else. I'm just tired of feeling like crap!
I also think there is something wrong with my left knee that the x-ray didn't show. Not sure what. I am feeling some benefit from the injections in my right knee but the left one gets worse every day and I am to a point where any walking is just almost excruciating! I'll give it until after I finish the injections and then decide which of my doctors to complain to!
I guess I'll spend my lunch hour "running" to the store for milk, fruit and juice, and then home to put them away so I can go to Water Aerobics after work.
I'm gonna get there ... one of these days ...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Okay ... I said my piece ... now it's your turn! C'mon! Tell me what's on your mind. I really want to know! Thanks! :)
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home