Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday ~ Let The Weekend Begin!

I am so ready for this weekend to be here! I'm not entirely sure why I'm so stinking tired but I am! I was home alone most of the evening yesterday so I sat and watched TV and read some blogs that I follow and stayed up til about 10:00. This morning I seriously was NOT ready to wake up when the alarm went off at 6:30. But I did it anyway! And I packed my Gym bag, and my lunch, and made my smoothie, so I am ready to face the day!

Had an appointment with my Pain Management doctor yesterday. ( I love her!) She's in a new office with new staff. They called me back and walked me to the scale. YUCK! I asked what this thing went up to and the nurse said she didn't know. I responded that I would try not to max it out and find out! She told me she doubted that would happen since they have patients much bigger than me! (Scary thought!) Anyway I was 12 pounds higher on that scale than I was that morning at home. Partly time of day. Partly the addition of clothes. Partly just a different scale I suppose. Whatever! Why couldn't it be 12 pounds LOWER? Anyway ... then we went in the room to check my Blood Pressure. 152/92 or something like that. I know it's too high. I can't seem to get that lower number down out of the 90s. I suspect doing so would help my headaches! I know it will come down with weight loss. Oh well .... Other than those the appointment went well. We talked about doing Epidural Steroid Injections again but my pain level is currently about a 2 or 3 most of the time and I don't want to do that unless I'm living at a 5 or greater. Also going to try cutting back on Lyrica.

OK ... goals from last week:


  • I will make out a grocery lists to enable healthy nutritious meal and snack options √
  • I might even go to the grocery store with hubby
  • I will boil eggs so they will be available for quick protein snacking √
  • I will start drinking more water and cutting way back on soda √
  • I will get caught up on must do chores, and rest, so there are no excuses for not going to Water Aerobics next week. √
  • I will make sure I have everything I need packed and ready to go so that I can go straight from work to the Y. √
  • Charge my Body Bugg back up so it is ready to wear on Monday √
Next week:
  • Put BodyBugg on Sunday night before bed (or first thing Monday morning) √
  • Starting weight report (diet blog and body bugg program) √
  • Record all food, beverages and activity in Body Bugg program √
  • Aqua Aerobics ~ Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ Thornton YMCA 5:30 - 6:30 PM √
  • Get up at 6:30 to start training my body to wake earlier √
  • Protein Shakes for breakfast (fruit, skim milk, protein powder) √
  • Take the longer route to and from the Ladies Room at least a couple of times a day OR take an extra walk around the building a couple of times each day
  • No more than 2 12oz bottles of Coke Zero during the work day √
  • NO stopping at Quik Trip √
  • No sugar √
  • Eat a small nutritious meal every 2 - 3 hours √
  • Stay OFF the scale except for once a week weigh-ins 
  • Set goals for the month of May next Friday √
  • Note / acknowledge success, failures and good and bad choices here on my blog √
  • Start working on a walking music mix to put on my I Pod for when I am better able to water walk and/or go for walks

Not perfection but not bad either! :)

3 Comments:

At April 30, 2010 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Caution/Lisa said...

I'm pretty impressed by those goals! Go, girl!!

The scale at the doctor is NEVER lower. Ever. It's sad.

 
At April 30, 2010 at 10:32 AM , Blogger Mari said...

Keep up the great work, Beth. You really are awesome! Wish I could do the aerobic classes with you. That would be a hoot.
xoxox

 
At May 1, 2010 at 1:49 AM , Blogger Amy said...

Looks like you've got a great start. I know that I can't be perfect in my food/exercise activities. But if I'm about 90%, then I'm happy. Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

Okay ... I said my piece ... now it's your turn! C'mon! Tell me what's on your mind. I really want to know! Thanks! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home