Saturday, March 13, 2010

I'm done assuming that it can't get worse ...

This is NOT a gripey, whiny post. At least I don't intend for it to be. In fact I kind of had to laugh this morning at the condition in which I find myself.

I generally spend my Saturday catching up on all the stuff around the house that I haven't been able to get done during the week. In fact I am, always have been, one of those people that cannot stand unfolded laundry, dishes on the counter, etc. Several years ago a friend told me that her husband thought I had the neatest, cleanest house of anyone they knew. Anytime that my home begins to be overwhelmed by clutter it is a sign that depression is getting me. Until recently most of the clutter in my house has been limited to my office (which is overwhelmed by it)! But today there are dishes on the counter, unfolded laundry on the table, a pair of jeans slung over the back of a chair, newspapers piled on the coffee table, etc. And God is teaching me to just let it go! It will be okay if my house is a mess. There are more important things! Amazing that it took me 51 years to learn that!

Anyway ... I'm not sure why but my knee seems to be getting worse. It hurts all the time now and wakes me repeatedly at night. Walking is miserable. But the end is in sight so I can handle that even if there are points in time when the pain overwhelms me. Last night I debated sleeping in my recliner since it is easier to get out of than my waterbed. But my bed is so comfortable. I was headed to bed and stopped for a last bathroom break where I realized that I had started my *monthly gift.* LOL! I think it is time for "Mother Nature" and I to part ways! So I sat on the toilet and said, "How much worse can this get?" Bad question! This morning I woke up with a miserable cold!

So ... I am sitting here in my recliner with cramps and congestion and coughs and an achy knee and a sore throat! And it's okay!

This, for whatever reason, is what God has for me right now. He has things to teach me that apparently I could only learn if He brought me to a full stop. So bring on the mess and the clutter and the pain and whatever else will make me more like Jesus! As Mercy Me said so well ... Jesus Bring the Rain!

3 Comments:

At March 13, 2010 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Prairiemaid said...

Oh Beth....yes, it could be worse. You could be pregnant!!! ;-)

My husband used to call me Suzy Spotless....remember Suzy of commercial fame? Well, he doesn't call me that anymore!!

A few years ago, when we begin our own health revolution of sorts, I started again, after having parted ways from mother nature six months prior. I told dh....no way! If all this means I am going to be that healthy, forget it!

Sorry, you are under the weather today! Maybe you just need a little extra TLC before your surgery.

Praying for you!
~Cheryl

 
At March 13, 2010 at 3:17 PM , Blogger Mari said...

Beth, while reading about your knee pain, my eyes watered up and my heart just felt for you. I have been there. I know that pain, so great, so uncomfortable...constant throbbing. Oh my dear sister, I am praying for you so this evening. I am sorry about your circumstances. God has entrusted you with them and He is doing a work that even though it may be hard to understand, He feels you are worth to carry this cross for His name's sake. Don't quit. Don't give up. Stay steadfast. Cry out loud if you have to. God's okay with that. I am crying with you. I sure hope the monthly friend ends soon (mine has I think!) and that the cold heals and goes away. With all that you've got going on...girl, the house can wait forever!
Hugs and prayers are being sent your way!
xoxo
Mari

 
At March 14, 2010 at 1:07 PM , Blogger Prairiemaid said...

Beth, I have tried three times to post today and have dropped the signal each time. Just wanting to check in and see how you are feeling. Praying no post, means you are resting.

Thinking of you, sis.

 

Post a Comment

Okay ... I said my piece ... now it's your turn! C'mon! Tell me what's on your mind. I really want to know! Thanks! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home