Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday Check In

Photobucket


Not sure exactly when we are doing this blog support group/meme but I decided to go ahead and head this post with it since I hadn't posted in a while. :)

I have not replaced my most recently non-functional scale yet, and given some financial stress may not be able to for a while, so I have no idea as to exactly where my weight stands. The fact that I spent my recovery period eating pastas, nachos, ice cream, rainbow sherbet, oreos and key lime pie, is probably a good indicator that it's not a number I WANT to see! I was having some pretty intense pains in the lower left quadrant of my abdomen for about a week and hubby kept telling me to go to the doctor (primary care). I wouldn't go! Told hubby it was because I was pretty sure it was constipation (once I ruled out bladder infection) and it probably was but the main reason I refused to go was that last time I was there I was down 20+ pounds and I didn't want to face a potential gain! The pain is still there a little so I need to really watch my calorie intake in case I do need to go in. And just because I need to!

I made a smoothie this morning with fruit, milk, and strawberry protein powder. Good start right? Then I go to work and found chocolate candies (little ones) on my desk and I ate them. Sigh! Brought an apple and a pear with me for lunch/snack and I have some Special K Protein shakes here if I need something more. Not sure what dinner will be. Hubby is picking up groceries today but I doubt I'll feel too much like cooking.

Knee woke me up a lot in the night and now it's shooting pains through my leg because I've walked more today but I will be fine! It's getting better and I'm clinging to that fact!

2 Comments:

At April 12, 2010 at 11:33 AM , Blogger Hart Johnson said...

I really want to encourage you! I've been trying to lose weight (get back to me, I say, even though I've spent more of my life up than down) since New Years and have made some progress (am about halfway through a 70 pound loss goal), but it can be SO HARD!

Recovery sounds like you had an illness in there? another grand obstacle! So I wish you the very best getting it back on track. My Saturday blogs are always fitness related if you are interested, because that is my 'weigh in' day.

I've had abdominal pain, and it was related to eating changes--the answer was that I now take Metamucil every night and it seems to take care of it--body just had a hard time adjusting to eating differently (less grease, less movement, if you know what I mean) but this way is healthier.

 
At April 12, 2010 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Mari said...

I was going to ask you today how your knee was doing. Other than last night after having been on it too much, is it doing better? Praying for you. (If it's any consolation...I've been eating too much too, and my scale numbers have gone up some. So today, we are trying to do better.) Just don't give up!
((hugs))

 

Post a Comment

Okay ... I said my piece ... now it's your turn! C'mon! Tell me what's on your mind. I really want to know! Thanks! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home