Making My Way Back
I think most of you know that I have another blog Beth: A Work In Progress on which I write copious numbers of posts based on assorted memes and my own scattered thoughts. Anytime that I haven't posted here in a while and you fear that I may have fallen off the edge of the world ... please check there before calling out the rescue squad! (Unless they're young, buff, good looking males ... nah ... still check my other blog first!) I also have one of those odd 365 blogs that is basically a series of photos and images but I am woefully behind there as well!
So ... where have I been? Buried under huge piles of paperwork trying to get the details organized for our beleaguered accountant who called on Thursday to ask if we planned to file this year. Ha! I can only WISH it was optional! We have never been among the hopeful who line up at used car dealers to have their taxes filed for free and their refund applied to a new (to them) car! Actually I haven't seen many of those this year. Guess the lucky few who are receiving refunds are keeping them. We always owe which does NOT make April my favorite month even though I LOVE Spring! And then ... just when I was almost ready to finish (at least sufficiently to figure out the numbers needed by the accountant) we were struck by yet another financial catastrophe (which I will not detail here) and I spent a day dancing on the dam holding back a deluge of depression! (I love alliteration!) And then I decided there was no reason to cry over spilt milk or panic over things beyond my control and I filled out the requisite tax organizer and and put all things financial behind me! At least for a day or two!
Tomorrow marks my reentry to the working world after 2 1/2 weeks at home recuperating post surgery. My knee is still doing daily lock-ups and buckles (just to keep life interesting) but is far less painful than it has been in months! I wish I had another week at home ... not because I need it for recovery but because I could actually ENJOY it at this point but finances dictate that the end has come! So hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go!
Dieting has NOT been a priority for the last couple of months as I have struggled with injury, recovery, and some depression on the side. Emotional eating is one of those issues that I need to conquer! And exercise has been limited to rising from a seated or sleeping position, walking from one room of the house to another, and sitting or lying back down! I am HOPING to make a return to the YMCA Water Aerobics class this week but we will see how my knee holds up to the walking required by a return to the office.
Guess that's it from my corner of blogdom for the moment! Hope you are all doing well! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Okay ... I said my piece ... now it's your turn! C'mon! Tell me what's on your mind. I really want to know! Thanks! :)
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home