Friday, March 5, 2010

It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like ...

Springtime! I love Spring! It's a bit depressing that I can't go out walking in the sunshine and fresh air the way I would like to but I am determined to focus on the positives while working to improve the negatives to the best of my ability!

I think maybe it will be a happy day if my persnickety scale decides not to work this coming Monday morning! I have not been so well disciplined the last couple of days and I know that will catch up with me sooner or later. On the plus side ... there are ice creams and klondike bars in my freezer, as well as Cadbury Creme Eggs in the fridge, which I have NOT indulged in so it hasn't been a total meltdown! More of a series of less than excellent choices than a total abandonment of all reason! :) Still the calorie counts are not where they should be and that probably means that the scale will not do what I wish it would! It's okay ... I will keep on keeping on!

I decided I wanted to wear a dress this morning but after a full season of pants, and a few weeks of knee pain, I had to do something about the overgrowth on my legs before I could venture into public in a skirt! Shaving my legs wasn't really something I had time for today but I did it anyway. Then the dress that I wanted to wear wasn't in the closet. I suspect it is in my other closet but that one is buried behind piles of boxes and assorted junk (including a Christmas tree ... I may be a candidate for one of those Discovery network home organization shows) so I really didn't have the time or energy to dig! Settled on a fushcia polo shirt and a denim skirt. Feels good to be wearing a skirt again! :)

Anyway by the time I was dressed and ready to go it was about 7:50 which barely leaves enough time to make it to work by 8:00. So I didn't make a smoothie. (Besides which yesterday I had serious smoothie issues. First I got some on my shirt while I was pouring it out of the blender into my container. Then I was at work pouring it out of container into a cup and it poured more feely than I expected and smoothie got all over both me and my desk! Not a great way to start the day!) I got to work and had a Special K shake and a Granny Smith apple. (I like Golden Delicious much better!) There was a breakfast meeting upstairs today and they offered us their leftovers when they were done. Alicia came and offered to get me something and then Charlotte delivered quiche and bacon to me at my desk. Beyond yummy! And Michelle and I are going to Pei Wei for lunch so the calories may be a bit high today as well. It's all about choices!

Rhonda asked me this morning if I had an appointment scheduled with an orthopedic surgeon yet. I said no but if they didn't call today I would call them on Monday. Then I decided it was ridiculous to leave myself on hold like that when I am ready to get on with the repairs so I can get back to walking and exercising. So I called them. She said they hadn't received the referral yet (what takes so dadgum long?) but she went ahead and scheduled me. Next Thursday morning at 8:30. I was relatively impressed that they worked me in so quickly! I called Ramic to arrange for my films and report to be printed so that I could pick them up to take with me.So hopefully I will have some sort of answer and treatment plan in place by next weekend. It was interesting to me that one of the scheduling questions was "Which body part?" LOL! Never heard that one before. As seems to be the case with more and more doctors now all of the new patient forms are available online so that I can print them and have them filled out before I get there rather than sit in an uncomfortable chair trying to fill out forms on a clipboard that doesn't fit nicely in my lap because I need to lose weight! :)

I was sitting at my desk (home) last night and scooted sideways (rolling office type chair) to turn on the TV and tweaked my knee again! :( Seems I learn 2 or 3 movements daily that I shouldn't make. It hurt like the dickens for a while afterwards. Getting into bed was excruciating and I hollered "ouch!" I was somewhat concerned that I wouldn't be able to walk this morning but it seems to be back to my new normal today. I'd prefer that it just plain not hurt but I'll take not worse for now!

We received a statement from the ER (Joe's little game with the knife during the big snow storm last month) this week advising us that they had billed our insurance. $1450 for that couple of hours in the ER and 6 stitches. Good grief! I showed it to him and told him he better not do it again! It appalls me that we have all hit our deductible in the first 2 months of 2010. And I dread the bills and copays! We may never crawl out from under! I got a bill from Dr. Movva's office yesterday and I owe them over $800 after insurance was applied. YUCK! I can't even imagine how much worse it will be if the government starts running health care!

I would really like to do some online shopping for some new spring/summer type dresses but I think I best consider the huge pile of medical bills and resist that temptation at least for the moment. Maybe I can make it something to look forward to when I have lost a substantial amount of weight and truly NEED new clothes! In the meantime I do need some new summer sandal type shoes that are appropriate to wear with skirts and dresses. I have trouble finding a good fit though which makes me dubious about shopping online. And wearing a 12WW most of the time makes it unlikely that I will find shoes that I want locally. Maybe I'll just keep wearing my Crocs and not worry about how they look!

Guess I'll go fill out some new patient forms. See you later ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Okay ... I said my piece ... now it's your turn! C'mon! Tell me what's on your mind. I really want to know! Thanks! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home