Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wednesday afternoon

I went to the doctor and he attempted to drain some fluid off my knee. He wasn't able to get much but he went ahead and injected my knee with a steroid to reduce inflammation and pain so that I can function until I can get into the Orthopedic Surgeon. Sounded like he thought I would need surgery but we'll see what happens. In the meantime my poor knee didn't much care for the whole procedure and was extremely painful by the time I got home so I was grateful that he had suggested I go home rather than back to work. I've been hanging out in the recliner since getting home except for one brief trek to the bathroom with a side trip to the washing machine. I hope and pray that resting it tonight will lead to a better tomorrow because I HAVE TO go to work! On time even!

I am considering having some little cards made up that I can leave on the windshield of the inpenitent jerk who keeps parking in one of the extremely rare handicapped spots behind my building! I acknowledge that I am judging them but by the time I got to work today all of those spaces were taken and only one of them by a vehicle with appropriate tagging. Part of me wanted to call security and have them "blessed" by a $100 ticket BUT ... I am trying to be nice! Surrendering my rights, and my right to be right, is something that I struggle with on a regular basis but I have learned that life seems to go along far more smoothly when I leave my offenders to God's correction rather than try to adjust their behavior myself!

I was glad yesterday evening when I was perusing the TV Guide to see that my "inspiration" was back! That's right ... the Olympic break is over and The Biggest Loser has returned! I will refrain from posting about the show in detail because there are others who do a better job of that than I! (Amy ~ Did I ever tell you how I first found your blog? I googled "hate Heba and Vickie"! LOL!) I will make a couple of quick comments just because this is my blog and I can say (pretty much) whatever I want. (I am such a brat!) I thought the best line of the night was Michael's assertion that it is a game and they have been telling all of them that they need to put their own needs first. "Isn't that what you said, Bob?" But I also thought that his stacking of the teams was destined to fail! It has been tried in the past and has never worked! While it is true that the big-boy-blue team has more POUNDS to lose the competition is for PERCENTAGE lost which keeps a fairly level playing field until people start getting really close to goal! As long as the (physically smaller) black team believes they can compete ... they will! I really believe successful weight loss has to begin in the brain! (Controlling what you believe controls your thoughts which in turn control your behaviors!) And the blue team defeated themselves by believing they had a free pass and were destined to win. In the end I was pretty tired of Mike sobbing "It wasn't supposed to be us!" Grow up buddy! Success goes to those who want it badly enough to fight for it, not to those who look for easier short-cuts!

I really hope that the Ortho can work me in quickly and do something to bring on the healing! I got a TU e-mail today indicating that they are joining the American Heart Association in some Get Fit programs and doing competitions, with prizes, for the staff. I would love to join in but right now I am kind of stuck in limbo. Besides that I really truly WANT to get in the pool and do those water aerobics!

No easy short cuts for this girl! I'm ready to fight for it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Okay ... I said my piece ... now it's your turn! C'mon! Tell me what's on your mind. I really want to know! Thanks! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home