Emotional Eating
I have a long and complex relationship with food. One of the things that I have recognized a need to overcome is my impulse to eat (and eat the wrong things) when I am in any sort of bad mood. Of course many experts suggest going for a walk or exercising in order to postpone the urge to eat and that's not exactly an option at the moment. I think what really annoys me is that I have wanted nachos for days and I still didn't eat those ... so I still want them! Oh well ...
So here's how it goes. I got up at about noon. I know ... I'm a bum! My knee was extremely painful so just getting dressed and getting to my recliner was all I felt up to. There were a few crackers by my chair so I ate those but nothing else. Finally got the calls that I needed in order to get an MRI scheduled (Tuesday morning at 7:45) and was feeling rather frustrated. A couple of trips to the bathroom resulted in increased knee pain. So I was achy, emotional, and hungry. Not a great combination. Bert and Joe got home on either side of 5:00 and I started to feel pressure (self-induced) to do something about dinner. One more trip to the bathroom and just going from a standing position to a seated one caused intense pain. Hobbled back to my room and cried. Bert came and told me I could watch what I wanted to in the living room so after a bit I got up and came back in here. Spent about 15 minutes trying to find a Chinese food menu online. Finally decided I didn't need to spend the money or calories so I threw a pot of pasta and a pot of sauce on the stove. Simple enough and it didn't require constant attention. Ate at least twice as much pasta, sauce and cheese as I needed though under the circumstances it was within my calorie allowance. LOL.
My other questionable choice regards something that was definitely NOT on track and not worth it! I don't remember when I first saw the little styrofoam box sitting so innocently on my kitchen counter. Yesterday? Day before? I peeked into it and realized that it was a yummy appearing cinnamon roll! I do love cinnamon rolls! I asked Josiah yesterday where it came from. He didn't know. Asked Bert today and he said he had brought it home. (Need to have a chat with that man!) So tonight after Bert had gone to bed and I was craving something sweet ... it called out to me and I answered! Sigh! It wasn't that good either. Kind of stale. Definitely not worth a violation of my dietary principles.
Oh well ... tomorrow is another day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Okay ... I said my piece ... now it's your turn! C'mon! Tell me what's on your mind. I really want to know! Thanks! :)
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home