Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Weary Wednesday

I got to work this morning and put down my bags. Then before I did anything else I put a call in to my doctor to tell them that I am not enjoying this at all and something has to give! Nurse called me back about 10:00 and said she's really sorry but Doctor said it's just going to take a while to adjust and I should come in for lab work in 10 more days. Joy! I told her that I'm in a lot of pain, unbelievably fatigued, and it's affecting my ability to perform basic tasks. Her response? Sorry. It's going to take some time. The she told me to call them if the pain gets really bad but otherwise come in 10 days from now for lab work. :(

I called Bert and told him about the conversation because he has seemed, understandably, frustrated with my achiness and fatigue. I don't think he liked the response any better than I did. But we will both have to wait this one out and see what the future brings.

I am so tired today and only had enough work to keep me busy til about 9:00. Mail came late and that took another 20 minutes or so. Decided to sort and prioritize my bills and pay what I could online. Then I rought both checkbooks current (more of a chore than you might imagine). Tried repeatedly to pay the Discover bill online only to lock myself out by entering the wrong password too many times. Will have to remember to try that one again tomorrow. And everything else will have to wait because, as usual, the money ran out before the bills did! So I'm back to sitting here trying to stay awake. I may decide to leave early since I really have to run some errands today!

I usually go, with several other ladies from my office, over to Sharp Chapel for WOW (Worship On Wednesday) service and free lunch. Today my knees were just not up to the trip. Sat here and drank a Sprecial K Protein Shake instead.

Got home and realized that Bert hadn't purchased dog food yesterday after all because Reasor's didn't have Ol' Roy (the brand I buy for Lucy) and he didn't get by Wal Mart. I thought about going back out to get it last night but just couldn't dredge up the energy. I did manage to fold a load of towels, start another load of clothes, clean out the fridge (just removed out of date and spoiled items - it still needs a thorough cleaning), clean the kitchen, gather up trash and take it out, and dump some soup in a pot to heat for Bert. I couldn't decide what I wanted to eat. Eggs sounded okay but I didn't want to stand there and cook them and then have the pan to clean. (I know. It's terribly sad.) I wound up eating a few tortillas chips with some Creamy Queso. Not exactly on target for a diet meal (especially given the 3 chocolate chip cookies I ate while doing other chores) but not a full out binge either.

I made myself stay up til 9:00 last night because I refuse to sleep my life away. Would have watched American Idol with Josiah but he has class on Tuesday nights. Yet another thing on the DVR to watch later. Maybe we can find time to watch that tonight. Everybody was talking about it at work today as will be the case for day afters for weeks to come!

This morning I got up and took a shower and washed my hair. By the time I was dressed I wanted a nap more than I wanted to head out the door for work! I had plugged my Body Bugg in to charge while I showered and forgot to grab it to put it back on. Noticed it after I was dressed but didn't have the energy to pull my sweater back off so I could put it on. I'll put it back on tonight.

I truly do need to go get my allergy shots and run by WalMart on my way home. Really tempted to leave early. Especially since I'm caught up on my work. We'll see ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Okay ... I said my piece ... now it's your turn! C'mon! Tell me what's on your mind. I really want to know! Thanks! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home