Monday, February 8, 2010

Brownies for Breakfast and Other Miss-steps

One of the largest challenges to my maintaining control over my dietary choices is probably going to be the workroom right outside my office door. Not only is it a workroom for our envelope stuffing work-study students and the home for the thousands of documents needed by a college admissions office as well as our scanning equipment and coffee-pot but it is also the unofficial repository for all kinds of dietary indiscretions! Scarcely a day goes by that doesn't bring some tempting treat to those innocent looking counters and Mondays are the worst. People who have baked (or purchased) assorted yumminess over the weekend and are now on a Monday morning new beginning bring the leftover treats to tempt the rest of us! There are any number of items that I can, and will, resist! Celery sticks, brocolli florets and baby carrots with ranch dressing I can bypass without a second glance. Okay ... I like the ranch. It's the veggies I can live without! Healthy whole grain muffins don't really flip my switches either! But German Chocolate Brownies? That's just not fair! Especially on Monday morning when it's snowing outside and I don't want to be here and no one's watching and ... Okay. God's watching. But .. you know what I mean!

So this morning I did not go to the YMCA, because I was too deeply ensconced in my waterbed to consider getting up and water walking in the pool, and then I came to work and had a German Chocolate Brownie with my Special K Protein Shake (that must have counteracted the bad calories, right?) for breakfast! Before you get too riled up let me point out that I did resist a second one (and last time I walked by they were still there). I also resisted the Korean donut things. And the whole grain mufins! (Though the muffins were the easiest to resist.) And when I considered calling Mazzios for pasta delivery for lunch I changed my mind and drank another shake. I really need to restock my office or at least pack lunch to enable better choices but for now I at least bounced back from a less than excellent beginning!

I really MUST make myself get out of bed and off to the Gym in the morning (maybe tomorrow? depends partly on road conditions) so that I can start the whole making it a habit thing! Right now I can't seem to kick myself out of the revving up for it into the doing it stage! But I'm running out of excuses!
  • YMCA Membership - check
  • Swimsuits - check (3 of them even!)
  • Water Aerobics Shoes - check (and they fit)
  • Cover-Ups and Towels - check
  • Doctor's permission - check
  • Family encouragement - check
  • excuses - check (but only bad ones)
Time to get off my all too large posterior and DO something! I really want my knees to stop hurting but I can't keep waiting for that to happen. I'm not sure that it will until a significant amount of the weight comes off.

Junonia finally got their acts together and sent my swimsuits. The black one I really like a lot! Here's a picture. It's called the "Little Black Dress." I guess for formal pool parties? 









This pink one I'm not quite so fond of but I think it will be okay with some swim shorts that I ordered after receiving the suit.  It's fine on top. I just prefer for my thighs to be covered ... by more than pool water! I suppose I should have just sent it back but I love the color and as much as I'm PLANNING to be in the pool multiple suits will be a good thing.







Here's a picture of the first suit that I got from Zaftique. It is an absolutely brilliant blue, which I kind of like, just not sure I want to attract any unneccessary attention! And it's a 2 piece which I really thought I would like but the top is just a bit shorter than I would prefer. Maybe that will be additional motivation for tummy shrinkage!


Had to make another hobbling trip down the hall to the Ladies Room and noted in passing that the aforementioned brownies are still there. I'll continue to resist though so I can fit into the swimsuits whenever I dredge up the will to get out of the waterbed and into the water!

I'll keep trying until I succeed and beyond! No matter how long it takes! :)

edited at 5:28 pm to admit that I caved and ate the last brownie! Sigh! :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Okay ... I said my piece ... now it's your turn! C'mon! Tell me what's on your mind. I really want to know! Thanks! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home