Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday Report

Well ... I climbed the foothills of Laundry Mountain yesterday but didn't come anywhere near the peak! And I never even got close to stripping the sheets off my bed. Maybe tomorrow when I can have most of the day available to get them laundered and back on!

I did not have a Bacon & Bleu burger. My resistance was not based in will power or anything so impressive as that. My husband called shortly before I left work and asked if I wanted to go to lunch. So we went to Red Lobster. I ventured somewhat astray from my usual Red Lobster choices and had a choice from their Lobster Specialties menu. I don't remember what it was called but it was tilapia with a seafood stuffing and lobster sauce over the top. Sounds yummy doesn't it? It wasn't! I liked the brocolli better than the fish and while Red Lobster does do brocolli right for me to ever like a veggie better than a protein does not say good things about the protein! Anyway ... I had fish, rice pilaf, and brocolli for lunch and then we split a piece of Key Lime Pie (heaven on a plate) for dessert. Oh and I ate 2 or 3 of those evil little biscuits but who's counting! Lunch was late enough that I never really developed an appetite for dinner so that's all I ate yesterday.

This morning I had to venture out into the snow and ice (weatherman was right and I am NOT happy about it) to come to work for a few hours. Stopped at McDonalds for a couple of Egg McMuffins on my way in. Probably not the best of all possible choices but it beats cinnamon rolls or donuts!

I am really concerned about the potential for me to slip and fall on ice glazed pavement or stairs today. Goodness knows I do not need any more bumps, bruises, or twisted, torn or broken joints, ligaments or bones! So I parked in the closest possible space to my office, even though those are reserved for occupants of another building, and shuffled my way up the icy handicapped access ramp. We're hoping to close up early so I can shuffle my way back out there and inch my way home where I will probably stay in spite of the fact that I spent $40 last night online on non-refundable tickets for a 2:15 showing of Alice in Wonderland on IMAX. Grrrrr!

Guess that's about it for now. Until next time ...

3 Comments:

At March 20, 2010 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Prairiemaid said...

Hi Beth! Sorry about your movie tickets. With so many businesses and places shutting down due to weather, you would think they would allow you select another movie or time, even if you didn't get a refund.

I answered your comment over on the Prairie Maid. It is so quiet here today...wonderfully so! By tomorrow, it will be boring, but for today it is nice and I plan to enjoy.

It was my third parasite cleanse before I was able to see "critter" results. Now I've learned to examine things a little closer without gagging and passing out. I even made dh come look at one! LOL

Glad you made it home safe this morning. I think our roads are still clear, due in part to the wind that accompanied this cold front.

Did you save me a Red Lobster biscuit? Those and broccoli sound pretty good, come to think of it. I love broccoli!

I am going to send you a private message later via Oklahoma Bloggers. Talk to you then.

Hugs,
Cheryl

 
At March 20, 2010 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Mari said...

I am getting the sense that you and Cheryl are neighbors. Takes me awhile to connect everyone together. Ha.
Sorry about the movie tickets too..bummer they won't refund for weather issues.
Praying you have a restful rest of the weekend.
hugs

 
At March 20, 2010 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Beth Zimmerman said...

Actually we are both in Oklahoma but we have never met beyond the world of Blogger. We will one of these days, smile, but not yet!

 

Post a Comment

Okay ... I said my piece ... now it's your turn! C'mon! Tell me what's on your mind. I really want to know! Thanks! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home