Phenomenal Friday!
Time for the phenomenon know as Friday Fragments! You can find more fun Friday Fragments and Leftovers at Half Past Kissin' Time and Sippy Cups Are Not for Starbucks.
I have decided that I have spent enough time crying in my beer (well ... I don't drink beer so I've been crying in my Coke Zero) and try to see some sunshine and flowers and rainbows in my world! May be a little difficult since they are predicting 4 - 8 inches of snow in Tulsa tomorrow but I'll give it a shot!
Was it just last week that I was "bragging" about how little diet soda I was drinking? Sigh ... not sleeping well and having to be at work (preferably awake) seemed to require more than a Green Tea capsule! My Coke Zero addiction is back! I'll work on cutting back again post surgery. As addictions go ... this is a relatively harmless one!
I'm seriously tempted to take Monday and Tuesday, or at least Tuesday, off work prior to surgery. I need to be drinking LOTS of water so that it will be easier for them to find a vein for the IV (I'm notoriously difficult). Hate drinking that much water at work even under good circumstances since the ladies room is a significant trek from my office and I must have one of the worlds tinier bladders! On days when I drink a LOT of water I can make the trip once or twice an hour all day long! If I was doing that now I would be hobbling back and forth all day long barely stopping at my desk! (I've been threatening to trade out my office guest chair for one of those bedside potty chairs. It would seriously simplify my life.) At home I could just sit on the toilet in the master bath most of the day watching the bedroom TV and drinking as much water as possible. Of course my tush would probably fall asleep but I think I could handle that!
Thinking about going to see Alice In Wonderland on IMAX this weekend if there are any seats available. My son saw it in a regular theatre this weekend and said he really wants to go back to see it on IMAX. I haven't been to a movie in forever since we usually just wait til they come out on DVD or PPV but this one I would like to see on the big screen.
Silver Dollar City (Branson, Mo) is opening this weekend and it's the first time in years that I haven't wished I could go. We have spent a lot of time (and money) at SDC in the last 10+ years, buying season tickets most years and going 4 or 5 times throughout the year. This past year we only went once (Christmas) and it had just lost a lot of it's appeal for me. I have a serious issue with crowds (inclined to panic attacks ... not pretty) and each time we have gone for the past couple of years it has been increasingly crowded. Makes me a little sad because it was one of my favorite places on earth. Guess I'll just have to find a new favorite place!
I have to work a few hours tomorrow morning (we rotate through the support staff to cover Saturday mornings and each of is scheduled about once every 8 weeks) so I get off today at 1:00. I may stop at Wendy's and get one of their new Bacon & Blue Burgers. Every time I see the ad I want one! Hope it's better than the Baconator! In spite of their ads I thought that was the worst burger ever!
After I grab my burger I need to go home and try to conquer laundry mountain! This is the first time in 50+ years of life that I have ever allowed laundry to pile up like this. I have always been the annoying sort that (pretty much daily) threw clothes in the washer, transferred them to the dryer, and then as soon as the dryer buzzed they would be folded or hung up and put away. (I do NOT iron!!! EVER!!!) I didn't understand people who somehow ended up with mountains of laundry on the couch or dining room table. I understand them now because I have joined their ranks! But I don't like it!
I think that post-surgery I am going to have to sleep in my recliner for several days. Getting into the waterbed isn't too difficult but then I might be stuck because getting back out without bending my knee, at least a little, is downright impossible! Have I mentioned before how incredibly grateful I am for the friend who blessed me with my recliner? Neither of us knew I would need it this much at the time but it has been a HUGE blessing for this season in my life!
My 20 year old son is a "geek", majoring in Computer Science, working IT support for a large oil & gas related company, etc. This is a blessing to us because when we have computer issues we just call in our personal tech support. :) He usually rolls his eyes at us but then he fixes whatever the problem is ... or finds a way around it. One time he wrote a program for me to send data from Quicken on my desktop to Quicken on my laptop every day at 6:00. Not sure how that works but it makes my book keeping easier. Anyway ... last night he was headed out to meet friends at a car show and I caught a glance of his new T-shirt. The logo on the back said "Cover Your Apps!" Pretty cute!
Just took a break from this to fill out and turn in time reports for the last 2 week period and the coming 2 week period. Kills me that I am using every minute of my available holiday and sick time for surgery and recovery. I sure hope the surgeon doesn't find something in there that makes me stay off work longer than 2 weeks!
My mom told me yesterday that she is struggling to stop using !!! multiple exclamation marks to emphasize her point in her writing. I told her that I have a similar over-use issue only mine is with dot dot dot (which has entirely different meaning if you have seen Mama Mia ... and I think about that nearly every time I ... and I still use it too much!). I suggested that we start a Punctuation Abuse Support Group. Anybody else want to join us?
I have not replaced my dysfunctional scale yet so I really have no idea as to exactly where my weight is. I can still zip my jeans up without lying down but they are not getting loose so I suspect I am probably just maintaining. For the moment I can handle that!
I sat in the den last night to watch TV so hubby could watch westerns in the living room. (I don't care for westerns and he only tolerates HGTV and Food Network in small doses. The miscellaneous wedding shows send him running from the room in horror!) My son had left a huge bag of Sour Patch Kids on the couch. I don't generally like sour candies but I pulled one out and popped it in my mouth. Next thing I knew I had eaten a pretty good number of the silly things! (I weeded out the orange ones. LOVE oranges. HATE anything orange flavored!) Hubby came in and asked if I was really eating those. I told him yes and I needed to stop. He moved the bag. :)
Really tired today so I may take a nap between loads of laundry. Except that I really need to strip the bed and wash the sheets. We have a waterbed but it is hard to find waterbed sheets locally so when I wanted flannel sheets this winter I bought regular king size sheets and mattress pad. They are not a great fit! I have them anchored at the corners but they have rolled back and after several nights of sleeping on them they are a complete mess! Oh well!
I guess I have rambled on long enough! Y'all have a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend!
Labels: Friday Fragments, Friday Night Leftovers





6 Comments:
I've been to Silver Dollar City twice - once as a child and once about 13 years ago. That second visit was at Christmas time and it was really beautiful. We were going to swing by there last year so the kids could experience it, but I couldn't believe the ticket prices :(
FYI, :( and :)and ! are my exclamation crutches. A professor once told me to explore a more subtle use of them, and I thought, "Naw!"
I LOVE Sour Patch Kids, but I can't stand the green ones. Isn't it strange how we tend to avoid one color or another?
I totally hear you on the laundry. I used to be so good... I'm blaming these two laundry producing rugrats for my issues!
Beth, sounds like you are going to be working harder on your afternoon off, than if you were at work!
Laundry is a never ending thing around here. I vote for disposable clothes.;-) I don't iron either...sometimes (sorry 'bout the dot,dot,dot) I have to toss them back in the dryer for a minute.
Talk to you over the weekend.
Hugs,
Cheryl
I am going to follow along...I am praying for you on the weight loss journey! I grew up in Poteau OK for 20 years ....I loved Branson as a kid and in my teen years it lost luster for me...Now my son frequents with his gma and papa they were just there for spring break I hope you don't get all that stupid snow....I am going to be some kind of mad it the cold invades my spring down in south TX!
Taking the day or two off before your sugery sounds like a good plan. May as well enjoy the time before you're too uncomfortable.
I hope you skipped the Bacon and Blue burger. I want one every time I see the commercial, too. But then I looked up the nutritional info on it -- it has something like 45 grams of FAT!
My punctuation faves are ... and -- Sorry to tell your mom, but !!! drives me nuts.
It sure would be nice to have a son who is a computer wizard--I'd settle for any person I knew well enough to be able to call for help with my computer issues--they make me crazy!
Post a Comment
Okay ... I said my piece ... now it's your turn! C'mon! Tell me what's on your mind. I really want to know! Thanks! :)
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home